Monday, May 17, 2010

Butte, MT


Butte, Montana is a very small town. It is an small old town. I felt like i was in the 80's or maybe earlier time. They have only 30,000 people living in this place...not many cars or people on the streets.....well... just a real small town. It is near to Canada. It only needs 1-2 hours drive to Canada across the border. This is town was once a busy town in the earlier days. I read on some history of it, seems to be a places for stop over, gambling and brothels.

It was suppose to be Spring when i was there, but this place tends to have more cool days than warm days around the year and it actually snow heavily when i was there.
















Used to be a mini Chinatown there.


Snow heavily during Spring!!!! I was not aware and ready for the cold.






My flight was cancel the next day due to this heavy snow storm!!


1 comment:

RunningBurro said...

I live in Butte, and I often feel like it's the 1950s here :-)

I hope you had a fun time in Butte. It's such a weird little town. I moved here about a year ago, and I'm still finding funny little things about it to appreciate.

If you ever come back, there's lots more to see: the pit; the World Museum of Mining; and, of course, lots of hiking trails!