Sunday, October 26, 2008

Rainy Days in Dhaka

Hi to all my friends. There is nothing much to post this week as i did not go out much on weekend due to rainy days. Dhaka has been raining for four days. Once it rained, the city will be flooded and muddy as there is not many drains in the city. On the other hand, i am just staying in part of Dhaka as Bangladesh is so big that some tourist attraction is located few hours journey by car.

Of course i need to eat so i have a short walk around my hotel and i found this chinese restaurant. Without any doubt, i walked in and tried it with my china colleague.


The food that we ate. It is delicious but it cost me around RM 150 for three dishes.
Then i feel that i need to do my laundry. So i called up the hotel and the maid came and took my dirty clothes away. The next day when i came back from office i saw that my laundry is done. When i opened up the laundry bag, i was shocked to see how they tidy my clothes. They wrapped all my garments in new plastics and even put a cardboard and clips inside my shirts. It was like brand new from the shop. It cost me around RM 20 and i am so happy and gave the maid 20 TAKA for tips. (it is actually RM 1 for 20 TAKA.. hahahaha)





1 comment:

yakuza EC said...

RM150 for 3 entree, sounds like a tourist trap here... hahahaha...

dude, what happens to your adventurous spirits? try experience local food man!!! dont be like your cina boss - cina food everyday... booooooooooooring!!! hahahaha

ec